Monday, September 28, 2009

simple things.

Well To be honest I have been feeling like a failure. All my goals I set are great goals and I feel like they are realistic, however, I have been feeling like I was not carrying them out with as much grandeur as I had hoped.

J and I cooked and hung out together all friday, it was wonderful. we re-connected in many ways, But I never did any thing BIG with him.

On saturday I showered L with the thing her heart always desires, commpliments. But we had abusy afternoon so I only was able to feel like HALF of the day was a success.

On Sunday, I made homemade bread, and spagghetti from scratch ( litterally I picked the tomatoes to make the suace from my back yard) feeling like I was showing love only to realize that M feels love in other ways then a home cooked meal, its more time together.

In the end I was feeling like I just did an O.k job witht he goals and if we are going to be totally ohnest ( which we are) my spiritual goals failed miserably. Thankfully I have a father in Heaven who watches over me very carefully. I feel like this is a time of learning for me, that he is guiding my path right now. I am learning the things that will help me to be succesfull as a mother and wife for the rest of my earthly life.

In the lesson in Relief Society A Young Woman shared a thoguht which showed she is wise beyond her years It was thins. " in my life some times it is hard to squeeze in time to spend with my family but Its the simple things that create lasting relationships" not the big ones. I have had those words in my mind ever since, if each day I keep at my little daily list making sure to include extra hugs, smiles,stories and most importantly putting them before myself, I can help my family to feel how much I love them one day at a time. So I will keep the scheduale I have in place but I am going to feel good about keeping it simple to! =)

The other thing I re-learned ( itsn't that how life goes? we learn and re-learn the smae things over and over until they finnally stick?!?) it that there are many good things in life. the is the concept of good, better and best..which am I choosing? Its good to blog, but if your kids are sitting next to you wishing you would read to them which is better? Its great to relax, but what is the BEST thing for you to be doing moment to moment. A super woman understands what the best things in life are and works hard to put those things first. The trick is just figuring them out. =) So now I must end this blog becuase I am off to put the best things first!

No comments:

Post a Comment