Thursday, September 17, 2009

day 1.

What makes me a super mom?

1. I did not buy or learn my super powers, I inherited them....


This one is easy for me. I am not super by my own making, no super mom is, if she thought it was her own work she would not be a very Strong super mom. I am super because I am A daughter of God, What I have to do is to learn to tap into what is already in my blood Realizing this helps me to understand how and why I can be super. I also learn that in this world all woman have the potential to be super moms. When I acknowledge this it helps me to understand my purpose in this life, and what are the really important missions I have to accomplish in my life.

2. I happen to have super powers (Yes you heard me) I have super powers....


As a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints I have a gift. If I do as I promised my heavenly Father Gives me a personal Guide, The third member of the Godhead. HELLO!!??! If having a constant guide, a gift from heaven that call tell me all thing necessary for my day to day life isn't a super power I don't know what is. This gift has been know to come in many forms even in thoughts and feeling. these are essential to being a super mom, when you feel lost and frustrated.

Not to mention the fact that the Lord gives each of us Our own personal super powers. They might also be called "gifts". For Some its the gift of speech or the gift of music, others create beauty every where they go. Good thing too. Can you imagine if all super hero's had the exact same powers?? BORING. Just like a super hero, a super mom has her areas of expertise.

3. I am a torn woman....


All super people seem to have multiple personalities. I am no different. When I am armed with my super powers Every things comes out beautifully. when I am in this super mom way of life and things are falling apart they have a magical way of getting fixed. some how what was a tragedy at first, ends up even better then what ever the original out come was to be. Its like an exciting action scene where the miscalculation of a hero cause a problem, but almost with out any real effort ( or so it seems) they end up with a even better and more spectacular ending where they catch the bad guy, get the girl and revamp a city park all in one swoop.

But sometimes I get selfish, I don't feel like being super. So I try to be "normal", like everybody else. but what I have found is that this attitude brings an even bigger mess and the magical fix is no where to be found. These times are when when I try to live my life the way the world recommends. I lower my personal standards, I make material things important, I put My own well being and desires in front of others.

It really doesn't sound super when its printed in black and white and Yet I believe most super people do this so often they don't even realize why they can't find happiness, and they definitely don't see the super powers that are just waiting to be discovered..

4. as with all super people, I have an arch enemy...


Actually I have several. They have names like: lazy, indulgent, selfishness, white lies, gossip, money.....really I have so many enemies like this, I could go on and on. these are my enemies they are also my flaws, which become my enemies once I see them for what they are.

But you see I have this one enemy that just won't go away. no matter how I try to get rid of him he is always there. Always coming back. Like all classic enemies he is consumed with one thing, my destruction. Its a pretty big one you know. If he can take me down chances are he takes down my three angels which the Lord has placed in my care. He might even get a righteous priesthood holder in the deal. It will have an effect any one with whom I am connected to as well. taking down a super mom is his every thought and the ultimate goal. he has many names, but the most common ones are Lucifer, Satan and the devil and he will stop at nothing to have me taken down.

I am feel grateful to have a knowledge of my super powers because I see many Moms out there trying to be super, but they don't know from which source to turn to, they have to rely on themselves and the battle with Lucifer is ever constant. I see some falling, and even more sad is that even as they work to defend their precious charges, Lucifer is powerful and unless you have your super powers on you at all time, he has a high chance of winning. It breaks my heart as I watch this scene, it helps me to understand once again that being super mom is the only option any more. its what I must do.

I suppose this is another super quality. Super heros don't make them selves, they are given gifts and at some point they realize their place in life and they come to an understand that there is no looking back to the old ways. to be a super hero is a burden, but one which all super heros bear for those they love and for those they will yet love. As a super mom there can be looking back- I must become super, for when you look back, that gives the enemy a way in.....

2 comments: