Wednesday, January 11, 2012

weekly menu

It can be such a frustrating thing to plan a weekly menu when you have dietary restrictions! I have been reduced to tears more then once over a day full of budget/variety/lack of idea frustrations. Sometimes when I hit these bad points, I go visit my friend the freezer. He shows me what I can use to help save some money in my weekly budget and He often gives me fresh ideas by giving me the challenge to use things before they suffer from freezer burn.

THIS WEEK WAS FREEZER WEEK! So I will make the list and let you know what I am using from my freezer. Sometimes I use a lot of items in my freezer and sometimes its just one or too things =)

You will notice I number my meals. I Never plan by the day. I like to have flexibility in my menu so I can switch it change it re arrange it. and for some reason when I assign my food A day, I feel guilty changing it. I mean When pizza night is no longer on Monday Night I feel like I have cheated Monday some how by favoring Thursday since it get the pizza. I know, goofy, but it works for me! ALSO, I try to plan a sunday-esk dinner even if it doesn't work out, and I always have at least one meatless night since the longer we eat this diet the more Vegan-like we become in our dietary habits.

ANYWAY-

1- Turkey Chili ( we have an allergy to beef in this home) FREEZER!!
2- Chicken Divan
3- Pork Tacos FREEZER! ( left over roast that I re-froze so we wouldn't waste it)
4- Spaghetti ( meat-less)
5-Chicken enchiladas
6-Breakfast for dinner
7- Pork Chops ( most likely Sunday dinner)

On to make my shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment