Monday, January 9, 2012

Apple chicken Stir Fry 7/10

This recipe totally intrigued me! I LOVE apples, and we eat stir fry (in so many of its glorious variations) once a week. The only true criticism I have of this dish in the apple factor, there were just not enough!! so next time I will be doubling the apples, maybe My apple was just small, I am not sure.... BUT...... My little big man loved this recipe, so we will for sure make it again

1 pound cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup onion, vertically sliced
1 3/4 cups carrots, thinly sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 cup fresh or frozen Chinese pea pods
1 tablespoon water
1 medium baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups cooked brown rice

Directions
Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in nonstick skillet until lightly browned and cooked. Remove from skillet.
Stir-fry onion, carrots and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender. Stir in pea pods and water. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in apple. Add to chicken.
Serve hot over cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment