Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spaghetti ????/10

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup red wine


this is simple, throw it in a crock pot and let it soak in the flavors! If you want you want to make it a little more meaty add carrots and Zucchini!

**Wherever possbile I use FRESH herbs. Fresh basil, oregano and garlic. It makes food have so much more depth, I will do the same for this recipe. The only thing I have to say, I don't cook with wine, I only use cooking wine. Its somthing I feel much more comfortable with since I don't Drink acohol of any kind.

** I am still on the hunt for a great Spaghetti recipe, after 10 years I have not found one I love yet..send me yours if you have one!

THE KIDS loved this....but I had the flu....so I couldn't properly rate it...maybe next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment