Tuesday, September 6, 2011

sloppy Joe's- 8

SLLLLOOOOPPPPYYY JOOOEEESSS! Sloppy Joe's was a meal I had A LOT growing up and It was NOT my favorite. BUT as a mom I have found that a good old sloppy Joe's recipe really comes in handy on a night when you may have had a plan to cook something just spectacular -and well rounded- and for sure it was high end cuisine... ( as I am sure you do every other night)...but plan B is making a grand appearance. My family LOVES this recipe in fact they loved it so much a few said they were giving it a TEN and wouldn't mind eating it again tomorrow! For realistic purposes however, I am giving it and solid 8.... it is sloppy joe's after all. SO, I am going to write it down and MAYBE get it right next time. Because if I am being honest, what I love about sloppy joes is the fact that I can open my pantry, mix a bunch of random things, and it usually works! Here is tonight's mixture:


Sloppy Joes:



1 LB ground Beef, Turkey ( what we use, allergic to beef) or chicken

4-6 stripes of bacon, chopped up

1/4 cup green bell peppers. diced

1/4 cup red bell peppers. diced

1/2 cup yellow onion, diced

1 TBSP GF Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp chili powder ( I used about twice that much if not more)

a good sprinkle of Webers gourmet burger seasoning ( LOVE THIS STUFF)

a really good sprinkle of my favorite roasted garlic seasoning

some oregano sprinkled to.

2 cans Diced tomatoes in tomato juice



ALL seasonings should be double checked to make sure they are still GF. I have found companies change their recipes more often then I would like. Brown your meat and bacon and onion and peppers all together. Add all your seasonings as you are browning so the flavors can really get cooked in there. Once your mixture is all cooked up add your tomatoes and let it simmer, stir every so often so the bottom wont burn. Let it cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.



ONE MORE ADD. I take our GF buns, put Vegenaise on one side a DF cheese on the other and throw then under the broiler until toasted. YUM! make your sandwich, usually this awesome mess we eat with a fork, pair the meal with salad, fruit and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment