Monday, September 5, 2011

Megans Chicken 7/10

Megan's chicken is not so much Megan's anymore...I made this about 6 years ago way before we even knew what gluten free or dairy free even meant. SO I have tweaked in completely, it was a family favorite we could no longer eat and NOW WE CAN! and its pretty darn good! =) a LOT like Hawaiian haystacks, in fact next time I want to make Hawaiian haystacks I will probably just use this recipe.

Megan's chicken:

3- chicken breasts
1 package GF/DF Italian seasoning ( I used a garlic and herb salad dressing packet! YUM)
2- TBSP DF "butter" ( but what is it really?)
1/4 cup GF chicken broth

throw it all in the crock pot and cover it the crock pot with foil, let it go for 6 hrs on medium heat.
when its done you will add the other ingredients to make it a sauce.

THEN,
shred your yummy chicken in the crock pot,
whisk 2 cups of chicken broth with about 1/2 TBSP corn or tapioca starch , add to chicken.
add 1-2 chicken bullion cubes, and 8 oz DF cream cheese, mix it and let it get all warm and yummy! serve over rice.

we had green beans and peaches as side dishes, my kids LOVED dinner. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment