Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apricot chicken 81/2

O.k so I have already made this recipie twice. The first time I added a bunch of "other" stuff and it was o.k. the second time I used only the ingredients reccomended and it was AWESOME!! It is 81/2 from us!! loved it, will make it again and next time maybe turn it into a Asian night with some great veggies on the side and rice noodles!

this one comes from the glutenfreefrenzy.com website. GREAT site with reviews and recipes, its like a support group there! love it, ANYWAY... I did not get to taste this one, so I think I will

Apricot chicken OR peach chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup apricot or peach preserves ( she recommends organic, I didn't use organic)
1 tsp mustard ( dijon or honey)
1 tsp GF soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1/8 tsp cayenne

combine all the ingredients but the chicken, us a bit of coconut oil ( I used olive oil) to fry the chicken when the first side is cooked and you flip it to the other side, brush the mixture on top of the cooked side of chicken breast, continue doing so from side to side until the chicken breast is completely cooked.

( can I be honest with you? I didn't brush. I cooked the chicken on all sides until I knew it was pretty much cooked then I dumped the mixture in and let the chicken simmer in the juice until I KNEW it was totally cooked..it was good this way to. I am seriously lazy sometimes this is a great example of that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment